What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is the practice of improving and promoting a web site in order to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Search Engine Optimization isn’t just about “engines.” It’s about making your site better for people too.
New to SEO? Need to polish up your knowledge? The Beginner’s Guide to SEO has been read over 1 million times and provides comprehensive information you need to get on the road to professional quality SEO.
The Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an in depth tutorial on how search engines work that covers the fundamental strategies that make websites search engine friendly.
- How Search Engines Operate
- How People Interact With Search Engines
- Why Search Engine Marketing is Necessary
- The Basics of Search Engine Friendly Design & Development
- Keyword Research
- How Usability, Experience, & Content Affect Rankings
- Growing Popularity and Links
- Search Engine’s Tools for Webmasters Intro
- Myths & Misconceptions About Search Engines
- Measuring and Tracking Success